Hmmm well I’d love to share some secret technique that makes you know all the tenses perfectly really easily. But to be honest, the only way to do it is through familiarity 🙁
Take it slowly, one tense at a time. Give yourself a goal of spending one week perfecting each tense. During that week, take the time to learn all the endings really well, starting with the present tense. Go to your book and look at the rules for this tense and learn them really well, practise them again and again and I guarantee you that you’ll have such a better grasp of each tense at the end of each week!
You still have loads of time to learn them so take the time now to do them really thoroughly!
From left to right –
James Connolly, Irish Socialist and Trade Unionist.
Gustav Stresemann, German politician who played a prominent role in the Weimar Republic.
John F. Kennedy, President of the USA who was assassinated in 1963.
Leon Trotsky, Commander of the Red Army during the Russian Civil War.
Bernadette Devlin, a leading civil rights activist in Northern Ireland.
Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the Civil Rights Movement in the USA.
Michael Collins, one of the leaders of the Nationalist movement in Ireland during the War of Independence.
All 5 course components will use the Leaving Certificate past papers as a basis to ensure that they are totally exam focused.
1) Journalistic Text (50 marks) – this will focus on Section A, question 1. b), specifically focusing on synonyms.
2) Opinion piece (50 marks) – this will incorporate several of the following topics:
Los problemas sociales de la sociedad contemporánea
La discriminación, la inmigración/la emigración y la pobreza
El acoso escolar
El trabajo/el ocio
El medio ambiente
La crisis económica
3) Dialogue Construction/Formal Letter (30 marks) – this will be used to highlight more complex grammatical structures such as the present and imperfect subjunctive. It will also touch on letter layout.
4) Diary Entry/Note (20 marks) – layout and sentence construction will be highlighted.
5) Aural (80 marks) – this will include practise of the listening component and an in depth revision of weather vocabulary.